Please Download this Form as a PDF for Printing, Signature, and Submission
I agree to serve as a Director on the Board of Directors for the Whittier Community Association ("Association") and I also agree to be guided by the following principles:
- To abide by the provisions of the Association Code of Conduct.
- To attend and participate in all meetings to the best of my ability.
- To respect orderly procedure at all meetings, to refrain from speaking out of turn, and to participate in a businesslike manner.
- To maintain confidentiality, as appropriate, with respect to Association business, including the Board's closed ("executive session") meetings, discussions, and communications.
- To accept the Board's decisions, even if I disagree, as I understand there may not be unanimous support for every action taken by the Board.
- To promote the goals and interests of the Association in a constructive manner, rather than create unnecessary conflict among the Community Members, other Directors, and/or staff.
- To disclose to the Board any actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- To do my best to ensure that the Association's finances are well managed.
- To uniformly and consistently enforce the covenants, rules, and other governing documents.
- To place the best interests of the Association above my personal interests, the interests of a particular homeowner, or the interests of a group of homeowners.
- To resign from the Board if I find I can no longer maintain this agreement to serve.
I acknowledge that I have received, read and have had the opportunity to ask questions about the Association’s Code of Conduct. I understand my obligations as a Director and/or committee member under this policy and will act in accordance with my obligations
Print name: _______________________________________________